Note: You must Qualify Your Modem before downloading and installing Internet Call Notification (ICN) applications. If you have already qualified your modem, you may proceed. Downloads are available at the bottom of this page.
With a V.92 modem from USRobotics and ICN, you can take incoming voice telephone calls while you are online without dropping your Internet connection!
Rather than disabling Call Waiting before you go online, why not take advantage of this feature while you are surfing the Net! ICN provides a simple user interface to manage voice calls that come in while your modem is connected to your ISP. You can:
- Receive notification of an incoming call, if your telephone line supports Call Waiting.*
- Receive Caller ID information, if your telephone line supports Call Waiting/Caller ID.†
- Decide whether to suspend the Internet connection and take the incoming voice call (if supported by your ISP), drop the Internet connection and take the incoming voice call, or ignore the incoming call and stay online.
Downloading and Installing ICN
- Download the ICN installation file to a temporary location on your hard disk drive.
- Locate the temporary location where you stored the download and double-click the ICN icon. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Downloads are determined by your product model. To download the correct ICN files, Qualify Your Modem and click the ICN link on the V.92 upgrade page.
* Call Waiting service from your phone company is required for Internet Call Notification to alert you to an incoming call.
†Call Waiting/Caller ID service from your phone company is required for Internet Call Notification to display Caller ID information for the incoming call.
Note: Call Waiting/Caller ID may be called something different depending upon the region in which you live.
Check out our 56K modems all with V.92 Technology.